It’s CHRISTMAS IN JULY! Join the party, have some fun, paint your own original Christmas picture and enter to WIN our CONTEST!
About this event
BSAVVY Magazine and the Gallery on Garrison have teamed up to hold an ART CONTEST. We’ll have 3 categories for submission:
Grades K-5; Grades 6-8; and Grades 9-12. There are 2 ways to enter the contest:
Sign up to attend the Christmas in July party. Kids will have some holiday fund, sit around the Christmas tree, open presents, enjoy cookies and hot chocolate, and PAINT an original Christmas picture! We’ll take a photo of your child and their art and end the evening with a reception for parents to view the art the kids create! Each attendee’s finished art will automatically be entered in our Christmas in July Contest.
If you can’t attend the live event, no worry! Just pay the Contest Entry Fee and submit your work via email!
Contest Dates: July 1 – July 31, 2021
Christmas in July event is July 29th 6 pm – 8 pm. Cost is $20 per child (includes contest entry fee)
Entry Fee only is $5 per entry (grades k-12)
We will be giving away over $500 in prizes. A single winner will be picked from each grade category. Each of those winners will receive a cash prize of $50. The GRAND PRIZE winner will receive a cash prize of $100 and be featured on the cover of BSAVVY’s 2021 Christmas Book.Non-cash prizes will be awarded at our Christmas in July event and and throughout the month of July. Get complete details and register at bit.ly/BSavvyArtContest
1. Your art must be original and represent a Christmas theme.
2. You may enter as often as you like.
3. When your art is completed, you will be submitting a digital copy of your work. The winning entry may be required to submit the original artwork, so keep your submission safe and clean until the winner is announced in September!
4. By entering the contest, you are giving permission for BSAVVY Magazine and The Gallery on Garrison to post your image on their individual website as well as social media platforms.
5. By entering you are also giving permission that our site visitors and social media followers can ‘share’ your artwork to other audiences. This permission does not extend to allowing public use of your image for personal or financial gain.
6. Plagiarism will be automatic grounds for disqualification!
7. Parents: You may “coach” your child, but you can’t do the work for them. We realize younger children may need some guidance, but please refrain from being too helpful.
The image below was the 2016 winning entry for BSAVVY’s December cover. It was submitted by Jarred Hurlocker, who, at the time was a 10th grade student at The Future School of Fort Smith.
Share with friends
For more information go to https://www.eventbrite.com/e/christmas-in-july-registration-161164656827?aff=ebdssbdestsearch